June 9, 2012
Dear GSA Community,
Here is the Agenda for the upcoming June 24th Communication Meeting. Please invite any members of GSA who are serving as General Service Representatives. Our general topic will be moving toward a GreySheeters Anonymous World Service Conference. Following the agenda is a report and proposal from the GSAWS Board World Service Conference Planning Committee. We look forward to hearing your thoughts about the proposal.
Reggie from MA and Jayne from MI
Communication/Voting Meeting Co-Chairs
(Click "READ MORE" for the Agenda and World Service Conference Planning Committee Proposal)
Agenda Communication/Voting Meeting June 24, 2012 11am to 1pm EDT 712-432-5229; 9988#
“This we owe to GSA’s future: to place our common welfare first; to keep our Fellowship united; for on GSA unity depend our lives, and the lives to come.”
- Open with the Declaration of Unity, the “we” version of the Serenity Prayer, and the reading of the 12 Traditions.
- Identify GSRs, Trusted Servants, and members of the community who are present.
- Presentation by GSAWS Board World Service Conference Planning Committee Chair (see attached report)
- AA Sharing Format on the proposed approach to working toward our first World Service Conference.
- Entertain any motions that emerge from Group Conscience.
- Close with the “we” version of the Serenity Prayer and the “I am responsible…” Prayer.
“I am responsible…when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help. I want the hand of GSA always to be there. And for that; I am responsible.”
GSAWS Board WSC Planning Committee Report and Proposal June 10, 2012
Report from May 20th Communication/Voting Meeting
The take-home messages from our community at the Communication/Voting meeting (May 20, 2012):
1. Words are not enough, the community would like to see action
2. Setting up a time-line is important
3. Taking into consideration the world-wide community is important
4. Slower is OK, but accountability to a time-line is necessary
5. We need a clear plan for how to pay for the conference
6. Many are willing to serve
The GSAWS Board WSC Planning Committee makes this Proposal:Motion to establish the monthly Communication/Voting meeting as means to obtain substantial unanimity and group conscience with the broader fellowship prior to the WSC.
Recommend the following approach to establish a WSC Planning Committee:
- Two GSAWS Board members will serve on the committee
- One representative from each existing GSA Intergroup (NYC, Europe, Iceland, Israel, Texas, Pacific (West Coast?), Michigan, Connecticut, NE USA, Phone Bridge) could serve on the committee
- Other areas/GSA communities may also send one representative to participate (without establishing an Intergroup)
- The Communication/Voting meeting would vote on this slate once names have been gathered (perhaps at the July Communication/Voting Meeting?)
- Proposed operation of the WSC Planning Committee:
- Once elected, the WSC Planning Committee would set up a regular meeting time open to the entire fellowship,
- Elect a Chair/Alternate Chair/Secretary, and would begin to address specific conference questions in logical order of priority. Only elected members of the Committee would determine specific motions that would be brought to the Communication/Voting Meeting.
- The World Service Conference Planning Committee would serve as a working committee.
7. Additional opportunities for service will also arise.
8. Suggestions to move us toward a WSC would be hammered out by this World Service Conference Planning Committee and brought to the Communication/Voting meeting for discussion and decision.
9. The monthly Communication/Voting meeting would hear regular reports from the WSC Planning Committee, discuss and vote on any recommendations that that committee presents.
For more background info go here.
|< Prev||Next >|