The following is a report of the very exciting, first ever, official meeting of the GSA Communication/Voting Meeting! Please notice how we’ve grown and the width and depth of representation. We’ve come a long way, and we’ve still got a long way to go! Please pass this information to your groups. Please plan to attend the next Communication/Voting Meeting on July 29th, 2012, 11 am to 1 pm EDT 712-432-5229; 9988#.
NOTE: Five very important decisions were made with follow up action requested of the groups.
(Click "READ MORE" for the Report)
GSA Communication/Voting Meeting Report June 24th, 2012, 11 am -1 pm ET
23 Identified themselves
17 Hold GSR position
6 Hold Intergroup position
8 GSAWS Board Members
11 representing Face-to-face meetings
6 representing Phone Bridge meetings
4 representing both Phone Bridge and Face-to-face meetings
US: CA, CT, MA, NJ, MI, VT, OR, PA, IN, FL, TX, NY
EU: Germany, Slovenia
The proposal to establish a World Service Planning Committee (see proposal in 6/24/2012 Communication/Voting Committee Agenda) was considered, discussed and voted upon.
The following motions were made, seconded and unanimously passed:
- To establish the monthly Communication/Voting meeting as means to obtain substantial unanimity and group conscience with the broader fellowship prior to the WSC.
- To establish an e-mail communication group and a specific webpage on our website (www.greysheet.org) as a way to keep the entire community involved in progress and plans toward the WSC
- To accept the WSC Planning proposal as written and include issues raised during this discussion as clarifying questions to be addressed in the future.
- "The July 29th Communication/Voting meeting is to be conducted as an informational meeting about our future World Service Conference.”
a. The focus of this meeting is to develop our vision of our fellowship in the future, acknowledging what’s been done already, honoring what other 12 Step fellowships have done before us, recognizing that our fellowship has the unique challenge of small numbers and worldwide reach.
b. A committee was formed to put together a presentation of this information for discussion by the group. Reggie, Grainne (TX), Pam (NJ), Myndie, Joel and Linda S (FL) volunteered to work out the presentation.
c. The July meeting will be a sharing session for all to listen and to express their thoughts about planning a World Service Conference. No proposals or votes are expected.
The next Meeting: Sunday, July 29th, 11 am to 1 pm EDT 712-432-5229; 9988#.
- Establish a Communication/Voting Meeting Page for communication purposes – GSAWS Web Committee
- Prepare presentation of information about our World Service Conference vision to be presented for discussion at the July 29th meeting – Volunteer Committee (Grainne, Reggie, Myndie, Linda S (FL), Pam (NJ) and Joel)
|< Prev||Next >|