Get a Yahoo! ID
You must sign up for a free Yahoo! ID to join any Yahoo! Group, including GreyNet.
- Click on this link directly: Sign Up
- Go to the Yahoo! Groups page: http://groups.yahoo.com/ and select Sign Up.
- The Yahoo! ID you choose must be unique. It does not need to match your email address.
- You should receive an email confirming your registration.
- Make sure to keep your Yahoo! ID and password for future reference. You will need these to sign into Yahoo! at least once a month, to keep your account active.
Sign In to Yahoo!
- If you have already signed up for a Yahoo! ID, sign in to Yahoo!
- Enter your Yahoo! ID and Password, and press the Sign In button.
- If you asked for a free Yahoo! email address, your Yahoo! ID is the first part of your email address, in front of @yahoo.com.
Request to Join GreyNet
- Go to the GreyNet Yahoo! Group page: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/greynet/info
- Select the Join This Group! button.
- You will be prompted to sign in to Yahoo!, if you have not already.
Confirm Your Membership
- Once you have requested to join, you will receive an email asking you to send the GreyNet Moderator some identifying information.
- The moderator will approve your membership within 24 hours of when she receives this information. Please allow 24 hours..
- If you do not respond with the identifying information within 7 days, Yahoo! Groups will automatically delete your subscription request, and you will need to request to join GreyNet again.
- If you have any problems with the subscription process, email the moderator firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting to the List
To send a message to all subscribers of the group, send an email to: email@example.com. Your message will be sent to everyone on the list (including you). You do not need to cc: the message to the listowner, moderator, or to any individual who is a subscriber.
Post message: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact GreyNet Moderator: email@example.com
For help with Yahoo! Groups, go to: http://help.yahoo.com/help/groups.