Start Up Sponsor Team Training
Interested in helping a brand-new beginner get started in the GreySheet program? Join the Start Up Sponsor Team! We offer training every quarter (November, February, May, August) on the last Saturday at 9:30am ET for 90 minutes.
Every month, about 30 people find GreySheeters Anonymous for the first time but struggle to find a sponsor to explain the program, answer their questions, and start them off on their GreySheet abstinence.
The Start Up Sponsor Team is a group of GreySheeters Anonymous sponsors with one year of GreySheet abstinence who start off newcomers. The Start Up Sponsor sponsors the newcomer while helping them find a permanent sponsor.
Requirements to Serve on Start Up Sponsor Team
- Monitor WhatsApp for text from SUS Team Coordinator. Within two hours, respond whether you are available or not.
- Accept your share of newcomers, i.e., occasionally be available.
- Start off newcomers according to the Start Up Sponsor Guide which aligns with the report GreySheet Abstinence: Clarifications and Sponsor Guidelines.
- Serve as the newcomer’s temporary sponsor by answering their questions and taking their daily food commitment until they find a permanent sponsor.
- Help the newcomer find a permanent sponsor by connecting them with known qualified sponsors in their city, state, country, and time zone and of their gender.
- Help the newcomer attend meetings by providing the passcode or PIN and encouraging them to commit to at least three meetings a week.
- Help the newcomer connect with other GSA members by encouraging them to join the GSA Phone List and call at least three people daily.
- Encourage the newcomer to ask their permanent sponsor for a printed copy of the GreySheet food plan and to ask their sponsor to go over it with them.
- Start Up Sponsors commit to not take on all the newcomers as permanent sponsees so that they continue to be available for newcomers.
|Event Date||Saturday, 11-26-2022|
|Event End Date||Saturday, 11-26-2022|