What Do I Do to Stay Abstinent?
- In the very beginning, I went to a greysheet meeting every day. Today 3-4 years later, I go to no less than 3-4 greysheet meetings a week. I do not substitute AA meetings for GreySheet, as I live in a city where GreySheet is in abundance. I seldom substitute phone meetings for live meetings.
- I go to therapy and Al-Anon 4 days a week as I ate because I hurt so much and need healing on an emotional level.
- I have belonged to a Buddhist group for the last 14 years so that is where I get my spirituality from and my prayer and meditation.
- I do lots of service in the GSA community. I help the next compulsive overeater.
- I share HONESTLY about where I'm at ANY GIVEN TIME IN MY PROGRAM, BE IT POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE.
- I keep an open mind.
- I study the Big Book especially the Doctor's Opinion and More About Alcoholism; for today, I don't eat no matter what.