How to Join
Guidelines for Participation in GreyNet
GreyNet supports a vigorous and positive attitude towards GreySheet abstinence. We share our personal Experience, Strength, and Hope (ESH) on our GreySheet abstinence.
How We Share on GreyNet
- Qualify by telling what it was like, what happened, and what it's like now with regard to our food addiction and our GreySheet abstinence.
- Share our ESH on a topic raised by another post.
- Refer to AA or GreySheet literature.
- Make GreySheet-related announcements about meetings, events, etc.
- Ask GreySheet-related questions, such as how to stay abstinent when traveling, etc.
- Ask for support, such as phone numbers, available sponsors, resources, etc.
What We Avoid on GreyNet
- Mentioning specific foods by name.
- Asking questions about the definition of abstinence (discuss with sponsor only).
- Cross talk which we define as speaking directly to a specific person either by name or an obvious direct reference to their GreyNet post.
- Naming other members unless we want to congratulate them on their GreySheet anniversaries, thank them for a specific service to the GreySheet community, ask for their contact information, provide their email as a contact person for a GS event, or they specifically give us permission and we explicitly state this in our message.
We Will Be Removed from GreyNet for
- Attacking other people (Even if we do this privately).
- Attacking the GreySheet food plan or program.
- Attacking or harassing the GreyNet Moderator.
When in doubt, or if we have any questions about these guidelines, we email the moderator before we post: GreyNetemail@example.com